This is the final entry in Carden’s series of beginning readers. It follows Junior Book. Its goal is to develop young readers’ ability to use grammar as a tool for comprehension and composition.
While learning all about bluebirds, students will gain:
- awareness of the meaning of a paragraph.
- control over the contents of a paragraph.
- understanding of the development of a chapter, paragraph by paragraph.
- understanding of the development of a story, chapter by chapter.
- the ability to summarize chapters.
- the idea of the structure of a whole story in a simple, easy way.