This webinar will meet five times for a total of 10 hours. The dates of this 2021 event are August 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27. Each session will begin at 9 am Pacific and conclude at 11 am Pacific. This course is sequential, so plan to attend every day. This 10-hour course prepares teachers of Grades 1-4 to make the most of the Carden Method®.
Carden itself is an interrelated, eclectic family of approaches to teaching the whole child. We’ll teach you how to use Carden to build a strong foundation in language arts while helping your students to develop the stamina and resilience they need to be happy and successful in life.
Key Points Include:
- Development of the Mental Image
- Vocabulary for Self-expression
- Phonics and Word Structure for Word Recognition
- Word Grouping for Rhythmic Reading and Comprehension
- Identification of Keywords as Evidence of Understanding
- Classification of Keywords to Express the Main Idea
- Organization of Content for Comprehension
- Development of the Carden Chart
- Presentation of Reading and Spelling Lessons
- Introduction to Creative Writing and Composition Forms
- Teaching Parts of Speech for Effective Use in Reading, Writing, and Speaking
- And more….
A certificate for 10 hours of Carden Professional Development will be issued upon completion of a final assignment after the conclusion of the course.