This class meets 5 times for a total of 10 hours, on five consecutive days: July 26, 27, 28, 29 and 30, 2021 from 9 am until 11am Pacific, each day. This 10-hour course will prepare you to make the most of Carden® as you teach children in Grades 1 through 4 at home.
Carden itself is an interrelated, eclectic family of approaches to teaching the whole child. We’ll teach you how to use Carden to build a strong foundation in language arts while helping your child to develop the stamina and resilience they need to be happy and successful in life.
Key Points Include:
- Development of the Mental Image
- Vocabulary for Self-expression
- Phonics and Word Structure for Word Recognition
- Word Grouping for Rhythmic Reading and Comprehension
- Identification of Keywords as Evidence of Understanding
- Classification of Keywords to Express the Main Idea
- Organization of Content for Comprehension
- Development of the Carden Chart
- Presentation of Reading and Spelling Lessons
- Introduction to Creative Writing and Composition Forms
- Teaching Parts of Speech for Effective Use in Reading, Writing, and Speaking
- And more….